Heather studied Fine Art and printmaking. A love of the countryside and coast have always inspired her.
Water and light are key elements in her composition, offering exciting contrasts and a suggestion of reality. Working intuitively from her imagination she aims to convey her emotional response to the subject. She enjoys painting out in the landscape or by the sea, however most of her work is completed in the studio.
Although she paints primarily with watercolour, she occasionally experiments with other materials, and her recent development with mixed media, have added another dimension to her work.
- Royal Scottish Watercolour Society, Edinburgh.
- National Gallery, Kirkcudbright, Scotland
- The Sage Gateshead.
- Exhibition, Broughton Gallery, Edinburgh.
- First Prize Upfront Gallery Competition.
- Prize winner Laing Seascape Competition.
- Beaux Arts Bath
- Sunday Times Watercolour Competition, Mall Galleries, London
- World of Drawings & Watercolours, Park Lane, London
- Castlegate Gallery, Cumbria.
- Exhibition with Dame Elizabeth Frink & Mary Feddon, Bristol
- Adam Gallery, Bath