Victor Pasmore studded painting at the (then) Central School of Arts and Crafts. In 1947 he began to produce his first abstract works under the influence of Ben Nicholson and later served as Director of Painting at Camberwell School of Art. In addition to painting and printmaking, he designed the modernist structure ‘The Apollo Pavilion’ at Peterlee. Derided at the time it has since been restored and become appreciated.
The prints held in the gallery are extremely rare Printers Proofs from the White Ink Studios.